Saturday, February 28, 2015
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
My chickens go through about two bags of feed a week. That means I collect around a hundred bags a year. There's some recycling efforts available but I prefer to reuse when I can.
I've had an ongoing project converting an old dog house into a chicken coop. The roof is nearly flat so I didn't want to shingle it without any other protection. That's where the feed bags come in. They're water resistant so they should shed water well enough to work as an underlay.
My next project will be to try some feed bags for an archery target. Updates coming soon.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
This guide is made for Fedora 20 aka Heisenbug 64 bit. Most of these instructions will carry over to the 32 bit. If you have not yet installed Fedora, go to the project site to download the ISO and learn more about it.
Friday, December 20, 2013
Its become obvious that no one who has posted on either side of the issue has actually read the GQ magazine article. I suggest doing so first (http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson). Have you read it? Great, let's get down to business.
1. This is NOT an attack on free speech. Phil Robertson has not been gagged or imprisoned. To that point, this is not China (or Nazi Germany or the USSR). Mr. Robertson is still free to speak his mind to anyone that'll listen and if you read the article like I asked, you'll realize that he will preach to anyone that listens.
2. This was a business decision for A&E. The networks are in the business of making money and controversy sells. You probably still remember Oprah eating a hamburger to make the beef producers happy.
3. Noticed how I strung together China,Nazi Germany,and the USSR? I implied they all shared similar characteristics such as censorship. When Mr. Robertson strings together homosexuals with terrorists and bestiality practitioners, he too is implying that they are similar, specifically that they are sinful. I won't digress into his hypocrisy over choosing certain beliefs.
4. Free speech is not without consequences, even in a free society. By posting this, much in the same way Mr Robertson spoke to a reporter, I am opening myself to criticism and examination. If he cannot handle it, he doesn't need to air his views so publicly.
5. Almost done... Regardless of personal views on homosexuality, it does not give anyone the right to attack a person for their sexual orientation. This doesn't mean you cannot disagree. You don't have to like gays anymore than you have to like redheads, Canadians, or people that eat black licorice. They are who they are.
6. Finally (!!) this can stop with you. People like Sarah Palin are going to throw gas on the fire. Don't encourage them. I'm not saying that the issue should be ignored. This is a prime time for the US to progress on marriage equality. But listening to the talking heads and faux celebrities beat their chests and beg for your attention won't help.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
This would be the second handle I've broken this year. It was a hickory handle and didn't show any signs of wear or damage. And for that matter, I have good aim. I didn't hit the handle on anything. Yet today whilst I was split some seasoned maple, the maul head broke clean off.
So I'm not sure what to replace it with. I hate the feeling of fiber glass and composite resin handles even though they last longer. Hickory definitely feels better but its not as durable.
So if anyone has any suggestions, I'll take them.